Your test kit contains everything you need to collect your sample at home. Our instructions will guide you through it.
Is an HbA1c blood test suitable for you?
An HbA1c test won’t tell you how high your blood sugar is. But it can tell you if your blood sugar has been high over the last 3 months. Some conditions can cause fluctuations in your HbA1c levels.
A doctor won't use this type of test if diagnosing diabetes. This includes if you:
- are pregnant or gave birth in the last 2 months
- have only been experiencing diabetes symptoms for 2 months — like frequent urination or excessive thirst
- take medication that can affect your blood sugar levels — like long-term steroid treatment and some antibiotics
- are currently acutely ill (a sudden and severe sickness)
- have pancreatic problems
- have end-stage kidney disease
- are HIV positive
What’s a normal range for HbA1c?
The ranges for HbA1c levels are defined as:
- normal range = below 42 mmol/mol
- prediabetes = 42-47 mmol/mol
- indicates diabetes = 48 mmol or over
Your data is in safe hands. We use the latest encryption technologies and take our Data Protection obligations seriously.
What's included in your home testing kit?
Your Thriva test kit includes:
- collection tube(s)
- plaster x 2
- return form x 1
- alcohol swab x 1
- lancet x 3
- prepaid envelope x 1
- cleansing wipe x 1
- collection tube label(s)
- protective plastic case x 1
When's the best time to do an HbA1c test?
We recommend doing your HbA1c test in the morning — between 8 and 10 am if possible. You don't need to fast beforehand.
How to collect your sample at home
Will a GP write your report?
Our doctors review your blood test results and upload a detailed report to your account dashboard. They also give you advice to help support your health or manage an existing condition.
How long does it take to get your results?
Our doctors aim to upload your results report to your account dashboard within 48 hours from the lab receiving your sample. Tests containing Omega-3 & 6 have a 10-day turnaround time after posting your sample.